Thursday, May 10, 2007

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I feel like I was pushing the edge today, I had four separate motorcycle journeys. Usually two is more than enough. It's really hard to express how insane these rides are. Every traffic rule you'd know in the USA is merely a suggestion in Cambodia. If you going a short distance, or you plan at some time to cross to the correct side of the road, it is perfectly normal to ride into opposing traffic while waiting for your moment to cross. The "safe" distance between vehicles while driving, whether front or side, is measured in inches, not feet. I've gotten really up close and personal to too many bigs trucks for me to remember, and I've only been here 5-days!

In the morning I went shopping with the NFC driver for computer keyboards and mice. I bought 3-keyboards, three optical mice and 4-mousepads for less than $40. The keyboards have both Khmer and English characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home