Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bangkok, Thailand

I had a good 15-hour flight from Atlanta direct to Seoul. I watched 4-movies, 1 short travelogue and had lots of meals. The plane was a 747 and I had two empty seats beside me. After another 5-hour flight I arrived in Bangkok at 1:00 a.m. Thankfully, all my luggage (4-bags) arrived with me. I stayed at a hotel on Khao San road, the backpacker ("budget traveler) section, which was hopping as always. A hot shower felt very good. Afterwards I was still able to buy fresh tangerine juice on the street at 2:30 a.m. The 24-hour Internet cafe was open so I took care of some tasks on the Internet and finally went back to my hotel to sleep at 5:00 a.m.

It feels fairly comfortable being back here. During my round the world trip I stayed here 6-different times and probably accumulated a couple of months here at least. Some of the street vendors recognize me. I know where everything is. There are good Internet connections for contact with the rest of the world. I had my Thai cell phone activated at the local 7/11.

I'll be meeting Korn, the friend I will be sponsoring to take an English as a second language course in the USA, later in the afternoon.

I think the temperature is in the 80's, not too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home