Saturday, December 02, 2006

Bangkok, Thailand - Ticket problems

I spent 7-days talking to the people in the Kuwait Airways office in Bangkok trying to get the stolen ticket from Mumbai to Cairo reissued. The people in Bangkok were very nice, but the office in Mumbai gave a variety of reasons why they could not reissue the ticket. They said they had to get a "letter of guarantee" from the travel agent who sold the ticket to me in Varanasi. I could not get hold of the travel agent in Varanasi and I think Kuwait Airways had problems trying to contact them as well. I even tried contacting the main Kuwait Airways office in Kuwait. I was within ten minutes of taking the cheapest alternative, purchasing an entirely new ticket from Bangkok to Cairo for $527, as opposed to likely having to pay Kuwait Airways $700 for an entirely new ticket from Mumbai to Cairo, when the Bangkok Kuwait Airways office called and said they had just gotten the OK to reissue the ticket. Whew! Having my stuff stolen, like this ticket, has caused a lot of stress. The rest of the day was spent working on getting documentation together for filing the insurance claim for the stolen items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home