Sunday, July 23, 2006

My Mother passes away at 2:30 a.m. on July 23rd...
The last three weeks have been the most difficult of my life, dealing with the rapid mental and physical health decline of my mother as the cancer progressed.

Everything happened so quickly...
June 23rd: My mother goes to South Shore Hospital for high contrast MRI/CT scans
June 26th: I start my journey back to Scituate from Bangkok
June 27th: I arrive in Scituate, my cousin takes me to see my Mom at the hospital
June 30th: My mother comes back home and I care for her with help from family/friends
July 1: I initiate a 24-hr. schedule of Home Health Aides to attend for my Mom
July 16th: My Mom is now sleeping most of the time with short intervals of semiconsciousness.
July 17th: I make the decision to transfer my Mom to a nursing home
July 18th: I begin my journey back to Bangkok
July 19th: My mother is transferred to Queen Anne's nursing home in Hingham
July 23rd: My Mom passes comfortably in her sleep at 2:30 a.m.

I loved my Mom very much.

I am eternally grateful for the family and friends that have supported me during this time. Amoung them my cousins Tilla and Bob Cahill, my cousin Ric Bailey, my aunt Madeleine Von Iderstein, my cousin Connie Zweifel, my cousin Sally Keefe and my friends: Tony Middendorff, Trevor Hawkins, Glenn Cooper and Jeff Hopkins. They helped me make it through it. There are many friends of my mother and myself that have helped a great deal and visited as well. Thank you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home