Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Zhongdian, China

I was coughing a bit during the night and took some Cypro in case it's a sinus infection. I went to take a shower and found only cold water, asked at the desk and the girl checked it and after she left it was only scalding hot water. Oh well... I had an OK "American" breakfast at the Tibetan Cafe, vegetable omelette (not bad), toast (no butter) and hash browns (floating in grease), the banana milk shake was quite good!

I'm trying to find an Internet Cafe that has the electricity on. So far the two places I have gone to have had no power. I don't know what the deal is.

It's pretty chilly in the morning, but now (near noon), it's quite hot when you're in the sun. I'm thinking about going to a monastery that's walking distance from here. I'm still not feeling the best, but hope my health improves soon. I may stay here another day or two to help acclimatize to the altitude as well as to recover from whatever illness I have.

I met a guy from Belgium who came to Zhongdian by land from Belgium via Russia and Mongolia and plans to return to Belgium by land via (Lhasa, Tibet), Nepal, India, Pakistan, Iran and Turkey. I wish him luck! He's been working on getting a jeep "tour" from Zhongdian to Lhasa and is finally leaving tomorrow with 1 less than a full jeep. The first trip he had booked got cancelled because one of the participants got sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home