Friday, February 17, 2006

Auckland Update... I'm very happy to be in New Zealand again. I defintely can use the cooler temperatures and a return to the trappings of civilization. It's taken two days to restock, do laundry, and try to figure where we're going in NZ and how. I've reserved a car to rent for 27-days here. We pick it up tomorrow and head up north to Paihia. We made reservations at the Centabay Resort for two nights and will be figuring out what we do there when we get there. I've volunteered John as the first designated driver to practice left-hand side of the road driving. Insurance has a $1,500 U.S. deductable which you leave as a deposit on your credit card. I am choosing the additional $7/day coverage that reduces your total out of pocket costs in case of accident to about $150 U.S., since neither of us are experienced "other side" drivers. I think gas costs are about $6/gallon. It may turn out the cost of the gas for the car is more than the cost of the car rental. I'm looking forward to this 27-day road trip, including a ferry crossing from the North to the South Island. Should be an adventure!

We're planning a little night on the town this evening. This is probably the biggest city we'll be seeing for quite a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home