Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I want to thank friends who helped me moving and packing before I left. Thanks TJ for being the first one helping me get started packing and moving on Saturday! Awesome thanks to Trevor for helping me for the entire last two days to pack, move, organize and not get overwhelmed with all that we had to do!

Just another beautiful day in paradise with no luggage! Had a good nights rest in our private, air conditioned room. We've splurged a little at first to get our travel legs steadied before launching into the dorm style lodging. Took a walk on the beach, had an encounter with a local coconut tree climber who show me his art and encouraged me to take pictures, climbing a coconut tree, dropping a few down, serving me the milk and meat and then asking for monery for he and his family of three. Gotta make a living some way, I guess!

Saw Thomas and Laura at breakfast, they had stayed in the A/C dorms. They looked totally dazed. They didn't get much sleep. I think we made the right choice in our accomodations for the start of this trip!

John's at the pool right now. We can be reimbursed for another $100 for items we need before our luggage arrives, but don't know if we want to make the trip into hot, sweltering downtown Nadi again. Staying by the pool sounds lots nicer! Hoping to get our luggage tomorrow and move on to a new area.

No big excitement yet, still gtting our travel legs steadied, but we're meeting a lot of nice people.

Greeting to you all from Fiji!
-Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home