Monday, March 06, 2006

Queenstown ...
We had breakfast, and since it was overcast, we headed to the Internet Cafe to work on editing and burning pictures to disk. That took until after lunch. After lunch we headed to Deerpark Heights to visit some of the sites where Lord of the Rings was filmed. I'm really glad we did, because it provided beautiful overlooks of Queenstown, the lake next to it and views of the Remarkable mountain range. The landscape definetly looked "LOTR" like, but it was a bit difficult to exactly pin down scene sites from the movie. The guide book and maps weren't the best in the world, to put it mildly. It was also a game park, so we bought some animal type feed and feed horses, goats, deer and whatever else we ran across.

Dinner was leftover Thai Curry and then we headed to the cinema. This was the first cinema we've been to since leaving the US. We saw the movie Aon Flux. I had low expectations, but just let it flow and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm at the Internet Cafe again, catching up on my blogs. Except for old Fiji entries, I'm caught up! Yippee! Going to do some culling on the photos I took today as well.

New Zealand is such a beautiful country and an easy one for an American to travel in. I don't know as I'll encounter any amazing, soulwrenching experiences, but I'm sure I'll have opportunities later on in other more exotic countries. For now I'm just enjoying it. I guess it's a little like having dessert before the main course. I'm hoping the pictures convey more of what I'm experiencing than the words, since all I can write seems to be "beautiful, gorgeous" or "awesome".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home